Each summer, we hire college students because we believe in fresh ideas. These are not paper pushing, copy making internships. We offer our interns real work experience with opportunities to interact with multiple departments and leaders throughout the Credit Union. We foster a team atmosphere by having our interns work together on projects, volunteer in the community, and participate in social events and educational sessions with leaders throughout the Credit Union.
Our program is based on creating a future path for students who have an interest in the financial services industry. Due to that, multiple interns have come back to CCU after graduation and are now contributing in full-time positions in Technology, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing and Finance & Accounting.
We start recruiting for internships in December. For any questions, please email the HR team at [email protected]
- 3.0 GPA
- Currently attending a college or university
- Major in a related field
- Ability to work full time for the summer
- Contact Center
- Fraud, Strategy and Risk
- Human Resources
- Loan Servicing
- Service Centers
|Every year the CCU interns are tasked with a 10-week project. At the end of the summer they present their work to the Senior Management Team. Pictured here is the 2017 team of interns.|
|At the start of the summer, the 2018 interns tackled an escape room while practicing their problem solving and team work skills.|
Garrett, Summer 2018 Intern
"I've had a great chance to mix day-to-day accounting and finance work with unique projects and direct work with my manager. Everyone is really helpful in the department, and Tyler is a great manager to learn from."
- Assist various parts of the department including loan corrections, account reconciliations, and payments and reversals
- Process and spreadsheet optimization
- Research and problem solving issues in accounts and ledgers
- Report generation
Ashley, Summer 2018 Intern
"This internship program is a valuable learning experience that gives you the opportunity to do something that is important to the company and then go on to present it in front of the entire senior staff team as well as the CEO."
- Develop the contact center's employee evaluation card
- Shadow call center representatives on best ways to think on your feet and interact with members
- Process incoming mail payments
- Work in a group with other interns for summer project
Fraud, Strategy and Risk
Karina, Summer 2018 Intern
"My fraud internship at CCU allowed me to see and understand one of the main issues a financial institution faces, which expanded my knowledge on the inner-workings of a credit union. During my internship, I worked on a large data project, in which I collaborated with others who helped me obtain the data needed. Overall, in doing this internship, I was able to reinforce skills learned in the classroom and apply theory to reality."
- Shadow the fraud analyst on fraud investigations
- Learn about the different types of fraud seen in the financial services industry
- Manage spreadsheet for future expense recording
- Conduct a large, data driven project
Milan, Summer 2018 Intern
"Consumers gave me the opportunity to work with so many great people, not only in my department, but with the rest of the organization. During my time here, I was able to learn a lot about the Human Resources department and gain hands-on experience in the field. The people that I worked with really cared about teaching me and never made me feel like I was just an intern."
- Spotlight potential employees
- Transfer Excel data from different systems to one centralized system
- Learn how to recruit employees
- Assist the Human Resources team on current projects
Miguel, Summer 2018 Intern
"It was a good real life experience as I was engaging with very knowledgeable people in the department. Being involved in most projects gave me a great feeling of belonging and what it is like to work in the technology field. In the middle of my internship, I got promoted to work full time in the technology department. In my new role as Identity Management Analyst, I am in charge of providing all needed accounts for those joining the credit union, likewise terminating accounts."
- Manage users/computers through AD (Active Directory)
- Help users troubleshoot computer issues through the help desk
- Install and image new computers/software
- Install and resolve technology related issues at service centers
Megan, Summer 2018 Intern
"Consumers Credit Union has given me the opportunity to work alongside its friendly and helpful staff to learn new skills that helped me to assist the loan servicing department. Through my time at CCU, I have gained valuable work experience and have enjoyed having the opportunity to make a positive impact on the credit union."
- Work with Senior Loan Servicing Representative to learn various task that assist the department in time-sensitive manners such as releasing mortgages
- Input payoff dates into internal systems for auto loans
- Manage physical mortgage files and import into internal system
Gaby, Summer 2018 Intern
"Consumers Credit Union has given me numerous opportunities to network and learn from leaders in the credit union weekly, learn new skills, and explore the different aspects of marketing. I have enjoyed this role because I know the work I am doing is helping make the credit union become an even greater financial institution and an employer of choice."
- Track Skip-A-Pay transactions weekly at each of the service centers, online and mail-in
- Create Member emails and other communications for different company-wide and community events
- Promote CCU at community events and during internal/external events
- Assist with social media posts and website design
Lucy, Summer 2018 Intern
"Consumers Credit Union has given me the chance to learn more about the financial industry in a friendly and diverse working environment. This internship has provided me with the opportunity to apply what I have learned in school while at the same time helping me to improve my interpersonal skills."
- Assist the ACH (Automated Clearing House)/Sharedraft department with day-to-day tasks
- Process payment forms
- Generate and analyze reports
Trey, Summer 2018 Intern
"Consumers Credit Union gave me great workforce experience and allowed me to expand my skills through a variety of projects and Member interactions. The experiences I had at CCU were personal and professional, allowing me to form great relationships with the people I worked with."
- Work in inbound, outbound, and new account sales to learn more about the many products and services we offer to Members
- Edit Visa transactions for new accounts department
- Filter Nerd Wallet applications
- Make auto loan referrals (inbound) and Lending Tree referrals (outbound)
Michael, Summer 2018 Intern
"My experience this summer has given me an insight into many aspects of the financial services industry and has allowed me to learn on the job and improve my abilities. Through involvement in project work and practical assignments, I have built and refined my professional skillset while working alongside a great group of employees here at CCU."
- Manage project on service center traffic and staff scheduling
- Assist with cash auditing at branches
- Research various operational aspects of competing banks and credit unions
- Investigate the overall value of the shared branching network